My name is Lydia Loriente and I am a recordkeeper/archivist/information manager.
I Tweet regularly about recordkeeping/archives, privacy, agile project methodology and various #GLAMR matters.
My LinkedIn profile outlines my qualifications and recent work experience/publications. My public speaking experience is outlined at the end of this page.
I work in digital recordkeeping at Monash University. In my day job, I provide advice to staff on effective and compliant recordkeeping. I run a records audit program, and head up the communications for change management when new recordkeeping initiatives are launched.
I have a background in sales, marketing and data management for the fitness industry, as well as experience in corporate governance, specialising in policy development and privacy compliance.
My other recordkeeping interests include electronic signatures (digital approvals), and cloud recordkeeping. I’m also trying to learn more about big data analytics, and try to stay up to date on privacy compliance.
I started this blog in January 2017 to participate in the New Cardigan GLAM Blog Club.
Recent public speaking experience
- Presented on ‘Productivity and Time Management Habits and Hacks’ for a series of ‘Munch and Share – Setting Yourself up for Success’ events at work, March 2021
- Presented on ‘Electronic Signatures and Records Management’ for a RIMPA Members Only Webinar, July 2020
- Chaired a panel discussion at RIMPA Live titled ‘The Future of the Profession – RIMPA Noobs Panel discussion’ in Melbourne October 2019
- Delivered the Networking and Information Session (workshop) at RIMPA Live in Melbourne October 2019
- Presented about RIMPA Noobs and the needs of students and new professionals at the RIMPA Victorian State Seminar, Australia, July 2019
- Presented on “What ‘the GLAMR industry’ means to me” at a newCardigan networking event: drinks and chat after an Emerging Writers Festival masterclass on libraries, June 2019
- Co-presented about RIMPA Noobs and the needs of students and new professionals at the RIMPA Victorian State Seminar, Australia, November 2018
- Master of Ceremonies at the Melbourne RIMPA Noobs job-seeking event for students and new professionals, ‘Future-Proof Thyself’, November 2018
- Presented at the Australian Society of Archivists (ASA) Victorian Branch Seminar in November 2018: ‘Conference Impressions – Reflections on recent GLAM events’. Gave a summary and reflection on the 2018 RIMPA inForum conference
- Delivered the Networking and Information Session (workshop) at RIMPA inForum in Hobart September 2018
- Spoke on a Panel at the Liquid Learning 9th Digital Records and Information Management Summit, February 2018. Panel title: ‘Information Management – A project and a process’. The panel discussed gaining buy-in from executives and project managers, highlighting the value of information management and how to market and promote records management
- Co-presented a workshop at the International Council on Archives (ICA) Annual Conference 2017 in Mexico City, Mexico, on analysing information culture, November 2017
- Gave a solo presentation about RIMPA Noobs and the needs of students and new professionals at the RIMPA Victorian State Seminar, Australia, November 2016
- Spoke on a Panel at the Australian Society of Archivists Diverse Worlds conference in Melbourne, 26 September 2017. Panel title: ‘Angry Archivists and the Continuum Hot Line: Bridging the gap between educational theory and on the ground practice’. The panel abstract and a video of the panel discussion are available online
- Gave a solo presentation at RIMPA inForum in Brisbane, Australia on electronic signatures (digital approvals), September 2017
- Co-presented a workshop at RIMPA inForum in Brisbane, Australia on analysing information culture, September 2017
- Gave a solo presentation on electronic signatures (digital approvals) at the RIMPA Victorian State Seminar, Australia, November 2016
- Co-presented a workshop at the International Council on Archives (ICA) Congress in Seoul, South Korea, on analysing information culture, September 2016